Back to work

I return to teaching tomorrow after a two week vacation. Actually more of a lay off than vacation. I haven't gone anywhere or done anything except rest up. I've read a tiny bit, played far too many games of solitaire, and made some noise with my guitar. But nothing that would be "postcard worthy".

Several of my students have contacted me asking when we start up again. I prefer to think that they are impatient and anxious to resume. I may be wrong but I don't think so.  At least I don't want to think so.

The long rest has been nice, but I'm anxious to get back too. I've jump started the process by publishing a new video tutorial and sending some supplemental materials to a student. And I've taken the time to do some admin. tasks. Those never go on vacation.

Like most people, I receive a lot of junk email every day. Most of it I delete, but some I read and others I save for another day. So I wandered through that pile and finally deleted a bunch. Because they don't know me and are just spamming the world, certain things make me chuckle. "Where would you like to be in 10 years?" read one. And my immediate answer was, "Alive. I think I'd like to still be alive in 10 years."  What a stupid question to ask an old guy.

So tomorrow I will give a half dozen lessons and begin the routine all over again. With renewed energy (theirs and mine) I will attempt to advance their technique, expand their musical horizons, and turn bad notes into good ones. And I will try to be patient enough to allow them to return the favor. Because anytime one person is showing something to another, there are two people learning.

If you would like to watch my obviously home-made video just click this link: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFVeY3oeIc

Or here if you prefer YouTube: https://youtu.be/_u_XnrGDVyM